The Affiliate Leaderboard add-on allows you to add a top ranking affiliates table to your WordPress website. You can show any number of affiliates and include their commissions, earnings, visits and even generated sales. You can order the affiliates table by any of the columns you include.
Here’s how your affiliate leaderboard could look like (we’ve used the Storefront theme for this screenshot):
Showing an affiliate leaderboard on your website is a great way to encourage your affiliates to generate more sales.
Let’s dive in and check out how you can add an affiliate leaderboard to your WordPress site.
Step 1: Installing the add-on
Before anything, to be able to install the Affiliate Leaderboard add-on, you will need a SliceWP Pro or Pro Plus license. With an active license you will unlock the full potential of SliceWP and boost your affiliate program.
Once you have a license, follow these steps:
- From your SliceWP account page, download the .zip file of the add-on.
- Navigate to your WordPress admin dashboard > Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin and select the .zip file you’ve just downloaded from your account.
- Install and activate the add-on.
Step 2: Adding the affiliate leaderboard
Now that you’ve installed the add-on, let’s go right ahead and add the leaderboard to your website.
To do this, we’ll be using the
[slicewp_affiliate_leaderboard] shortcode. Copy the shortcode and place it in a newly created page in your WordPress website. Once you update the page and visit it, the affiliate leaderboard will show up.
By default, you’ll have the top 10 affiliates all-time by their earnings (commission amount). Don’t worry, you can customize the leaderboard to your specific needs.
To do this, we’ll be using the shortcode’s parameters. Here’s the entire list of parameters and their available options:
- number – This represents the number of affiliates you wish to showcase. For example, instead of the default 10, you can add 25, to show your top 25 affiliates. The shortcode will look like this:
- columns – This represents the data you wish to show for your affiliates. You can showcase commissions, earnings, visits and sales. Here’s how your shortcode will look like if you show all data:
[slicewp_affiliate_leaderboard columns="commissions_amount, commissions_number, visits, sales"].
- orderby – This represents the column by which you wish to order your top affiliates. For example, if you wish to order them by the most referral visits, your shortcode will look like this:
[slicewp_affiliate_leaderboard columns="visits" orderby="visits"].
- date – This represents the time frame for which to calculate the top affiliates. For example, if you want to showcase top affiliates for the current month, you shortcode will look like this:
[slicewp_affiliate_leaderboard date="this_month"]. Possible values for this parameter include “all_time”, “this_week”, “last_week”, “this_month”, “last_month”, “this_year”, “last_year”, “range”.
- date_min and date_max. These parameters are required only if you set the date parameter to “range” and they allow you to set the date range of the leaderboard. They should be set in the YYYY-MM-DD format. For example, if you wish to showcase your top affiliates from the 1st of May 2022 until the 31st of May 2022, your shortcode will look like this:
[slicewp_affiliate_leaderboard date="range" date_min="2022-05-01" date_max="2022-05-31"].
You can also combine the shortcode parameters, which gives you a lot of flexibility to customize your leaderboard to your needs.
For example, let’s say you wish to showcase your top 25 affiliates this month and show the number of commissions they generated alongside the earnings from these commissions. In this case, your shortcode will look like this:
[slicewp_affiliate_leaderboard number="25" date="this_month" columns="commissions_number, commissions_amount"].
That’s it! Now you know how to add an affiliate leaderboard to your WordPress website.
Get started with Affiliate Leaderboard
Encourage your affiliates to generate more sales by adding an affiliate top ranking leaderboard to your website.Download add-on