When promoting your products or services, affiliates can have a difficult time doing it. If you want to have a successful affiliate program, it’s your job to make sure your affiliates have the right incentives to offer their audience so they purchase from you.
A great solution to this problem is offering your affiliates special coupon codes they can share with their followers. This way, everybody wins. Here’s why…
How affiliate coupons work
Affiliate coupons are, in essence, regular coupons that are tied to a particular affiliate. When customers purchase from you, using this type of coupon, they will benefit from the discounted price, and your affiliates will be rewarded commissions for sending customers your way.
You, out of everyone, will benefit the most. Why?
Because, with only a handful of great affiliate partners, you can reach thousands of consumers. Running a discounted promotion with your affiliates can turn these consumers into your customers.
So, our goal is that, by the end of this page, you’ll know exactly how to create an affiliate coupon and reach more customers with discounted affiliate promotions. This is all you’ll need to do to have everything set up:
- Install the Affiliate Coupons add-on.
- Add a new affiliate coupon (works with WooCommerce, Paid Memberships Pro and Paid Member Subscriptions).
Step 1: Installing the Affiliate Coupons add-on
To get started, purchase SliceWP’s Extended or Professional license. This will unlock the Affiliate Coupons add-on and a lot of other great add-ons to boost your affiliate marketing.
Then follow these steps:
- From your SliceWP account page, download the .zip file of the add-on.
- Navigate to your WordPress admin dashboard > Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin and select the .zip file you’ve just downloaded from your account.
- Install and activate the add-on.
Now that you have everything set up, let’s create a new coupon code.
Step 2: Add a new affiliate coupon
- To start, navigate to the add new coupon/discount code administrator page in your eCommerce WordPress plugin:
- For WooCommerce, it’s Marketing > Coupons > Add Coupon.
- For Paid Memberships Pro, it’s Memberships > Settings > Discount Codes > Add New Discount Code.
- For Paid Member Subscriptions, it’s Paid Member Subscriptions > Discount Codes > Add New.
- Once in the add new discount screen, look for the Affiliate Name settings field. Here, start typing the affiliate’s name or email address. Once the affiliate shows up, click it to connect it to this coupon code.
- Last thing you’ll need to do is save the code.
Here’s how the Affiliate Name field looks in WooCommerce:
Last step: Communicating the coupon code to your affiliate
That’s it. The technical aspect is done.
Now, the only thing you have to do is agree with your affiliate on the terms of the promotion and send them their coupon code. With it, your affiliate can promote your products and offer their followers a special discounted price.
We wrote an entire guide for creating promo code strategies with your affiliates. We recommend reading it, so you know what to do to build a successful promotion.
Get started with Affiliate Coupons
Reach more customers with discounted affiliate promotions.Download add-on