With SliceWP you can start an affiliate program for your WooCommerce store or subscriptions site in no time. Because SliceWP is a WordPress plugin and because it integrates deeply with WooCommerce you can manage both your store and your affiliate program from the same dashboard.
Enabling the integration
To start generating commissions for referred orders you will firstly need to enable the integration. To do this:
- Navigate to SliceWP > Settings > Integrations (tab).
- Turn on the switch next to WooCommerce and save the settings.
Setting the general commission rates
Now that you have the WooCommerce integration enabled, let’s go ahead and set the commission rates your affiliates will benefit from.
With SliceWP you can set two types of general commission rates for your WooCommerce powered website:
- Firstly, you have the sale commission rate, that is applied for simple and variable product types. These products can be either digital or physical.
- Secondly, you have the subscription commission rate, that is applied for simple subscription and variable subscription product types.
- The subscription commission rates option will appear only if you run the official WooCommerce Subscriptions extension. Other 3rd party subscription extensions are not supported.
- Subscription commissions are generated only for the subscription’s first payment. You can set custom commission rates for recurring payments with the Recurring Commissions add-on.
By having the flexibility of customizing these separately, you can offer different commissions if you run both a shop and a services/membership site on the same WooCommerce powered website.
Here’s how you can set these rates:
- Navigate to SliceWP > Settings > General (tab) > Commissions Settings (tab).
- Set the amount of the rates and select whether you want them to be percentage based or fixed amount.
Disabling commissions for a particular product
By default, commissions will be generated for all of your products. However, you can disable commissions for each individual product if you need to. Here’s how you can do it:
- Navigate to your WordPress dashboard > Products > All Products. Here, click to edit the product you want to disable commissions for.
- Once in the product’s edit screen, scroll down to the Product data box and click on the SliceWP tab in the box’s sidebar.
- Here, check the Disable commissions option and update the product.
Setting up affiliate coupon tracking
With SliceWP you can tie WooCommerce coupon codes to affiliates. This way, when a visitor makes a purchase and uses a coupon code, the affiliate will automatically be rewarded a commission.
We went into more details about this strategy in this article.
To tie an affiliate to a coupon code, please follow these steps:
- Download and install the Affiliate Coupons add-on. If you’re not sure how to do this, please follow the instructions from this article.
- Navigate to Marketing > Coupons and click to edit the coupon code you want to associate with an affiliate (or add a new coupon code altogether).
- Scroll down to the Affiliate Name field. Begin typing the name of the affiliate you wish to connect the coupon code to and select the affiliate from the list of user accounts displayed.
With the add-on active and the coupon code updated, any time this code is redeemed and an order is completed, the connected affiliate will be rewarded a commission.