SliceWP integrates with Studiocart allowing you to start an affiliate program for your business.
You’ll be able to reward affiliates for referred sales, set custom commission rates, enable commissions for recurring orders, track affiliate sales through coupon codes and more.
Before getting started, make sure to install SliceWP by following this step-by-step walkthrough.
On this page:
- Enabling the integration
- Setting the general commission rates
- Disabling commission for a particular product
- Setting commission rates per individual product
- Setting up affiliate coupon tracking
Enabling the integration
To start generating commissions for referred orders you will firstly need to enable the Studiocart integration. To do this:
- Navigate to SliceWP > Settings > Integrations (tab).
- Turn on the switch next to Studiocart and save the settings.
With the integration enabled, whenever a referred visitor purchases from you or signs up for a subscription, the affiliate that sent the visitor to your website will be rewarded a commission.
Setting the general commission rates
The amount your affiliates are rewarded for each referred order or subscription can be customized to your needs.
SliceWP comes with several commission types, which helps you create a more flexible affiliate program. These commission types include sale and subscription.
In case of Studiocart, the sale rate will be applied to one-time payment plans, while the subscription rate will be applied for the first order of a recurring payment plans. This way, you can have a certain commission rate for single payment products and another for subscriptions.
To set the general sale and subscription commission rates, the ones that will be used by default for all your products (you can customize these per product, discussed below), please follow these steps:
- Navigate to SliceWP > Settings > General (tab) > Commissions Settings (section).
- Set the sale and subscription rate value and the rate type (discussed below) to the values you want for your affiliate program.
Commission rates types can be:
- percentage based – the commission’s value will be calculated based on the order’s total value. For example, if the order totals $45, a rate of 20% will lead to a $9 commission.
- fixed amount – the commission’s value will be the amount you set, regardless of the order’s value. For example, if you set a rate of $10 fixed amount, commissions will be $10 for referred orders, even if the order’s total is $50, $75 or another value.
Disabling commission for a particular product
By default, commissions will be generated for all products. If you wish to disable commissions entirely for a particular product, you can do this by following these steps:
- Navigate to your WordPress dashboard > Studiocart > Products and click to edit the product for which you want commissions disabled.
- In the Product Settings section from the edit product page, select the Commission Settings tab.
- Lastly, switch on the Disable commissions options and update the product.
Setting commission rates per individual product
By default, the commission rates set in the plugin’s general settings page will be used to calculate the commission’s value.
In certain situations however, you may need to set a different commission rate for a particular product. You can do this by following these steps:
- Download and install the Product Commission Rates add-on. If you’re not sure how to do this, please follow the instructions from this article.
- Navigate to your WordPress dashboard > Studiocart > Product and click to edit the product for which you want to set a custom commission rate. Then, in the Product Settings section, select the Commission Settings tab.
- Here, set the sale and subscription commission rates to the values you need.
Once the add-on is installed and the custom rates are set for a product, when a referred visitor purchases this product, your affiliate will be rewarded a commission based on this custom rate, instead of the rate from the general settings.
Similarly to the default rates you’ve set in the general settings, the sale rate will be applied to one-time payment plans you have set for the product, while the subscription rate will be applied to the first order of a recurring (subscription) payment plan.
Quick note: If an affiliate has custom commission rates enabled and set, those will be used to calculate the final commission value instead of the product’s custom rate.
Setting up affiliate coupon tracking
With SliceWP you can tie Studiocart product coupons to affiliates. This way, when a visitor makes a purchase using a coupon code, the affiliate will automatically be rewarded a commission.
To tie an affiliate to a coupon, please follow these steps:
- Download and install the Affiliate Coupons add-on. If you’re not sure how to do this, please follow the instructions from this article.
- Navigate to Studiocart > Products > Click to edit the product. Once in the edit product page, from the Coupons tab click to edit the coupon code you want to associate with an affiliate.
- Scroll down to the Affiliate ID field. Here, add the ID of the affiliate you wish to connect to the coupon code.
With the add-on active and the coupon code updated, any time this code is redeemed and an order is completed, the connected affiliate will be rewarded a commission.