SliceWP integrates with Paid Memberships Pro allowing you to start an affiliate program for your membership website.
You’ll be able to reward affiliates for referred orders, set custom commission rates, enable recurring commissions, tie a coupon code to an affiliate and more.
Before getting started, make sure to install SliceWP by following this step-by-step walkthrough.
On this page:
- Enabling the integration
- Setting the general commission rates for subscriptions
- Disabling commission for a particular membership level
- Setting commission rates per individual membership level
- Setting up affiliate coupon tracking
Enabling the integration
To start generating commissions for referred orders you will firstly need to enable the integration. To do this:
- Navigate to SliceWP > Settings > Integrations (tab).
- Turn on the switch next to Paid Memberships Pro and save the settings.
Once the integration is enabled, whenever a referred visitor subscribes to one of your membership levels, the affiliate that sent the visitor to your website will be rewarded a commission.
Setting the general commission rates for subscriptions
The amount your affiliates are rewarded for each referred order can be customized to your needs. To set the general commission rates:
- Navigate to SliceWP > Settings > General (tab) > Commissions Settings (section).
- Set the rate value and the rate type (discussed below) to the appropriate values:
Commission rates types can be:
- percentage based – the commission’s value will be calculated based on the price of the membership level’s price. For example, if your level’s price is $45, a rate of 20% will lead to a $9 commission.
- fixed amount – the commission’s value will be the amount entered, whatever the price of the membership level the visitor subscribes to. For example, if you set a rate of $10 fixed amount, your level can be $45, $75 or $100 and your affiliate will always be rewarded $10 commissions.
Disabling commission for a particular membership level
By default, commissions will be generated for all membership levels. If you wish to disable commissions entirely for a particular level, you can do this by following these steps:
- Navigate to your WordPress dashboard > Memberships > Settings > Levels and click to edit the membership level for which you want commissions disabled.
- Scroll down to the Subscription Commission Settings and check the Disable Commissions option.
Setting commission rates per individual membership level
By default, the subscription commission rate set in the plugin’s general settings page will be applied to all membership levels.
In certain situations however, you may need to set a different commission rate for a particular membership level. You can do this by following these steps:
- Download and install the Product Commission Rates add-on. If you’re not sure how to do this, please follow the instructions from this article.
- Navigate to your WordPress dashboard > Memberships > Settings > Levels and click to edit the membership level for which you want custom commissions.
- Scroll down to the Subscription Commission Settings section and set the rate and rate type, similar to the way it’s done for the general settings.
Once the add-on is installed and the custom rates are set for a membership level, when a referred visitor subscribes to this level, your affiliate will be rewarded a commission based on this custom rate, rather than on the subscription rate from the general settings.
Quick note: If an affiliate has custom commission rates enabled and set, those will be used to calculate the final commission value instead of the membership level’s custom rate.
Setting up affiliate coupon tracking
With SliceWP you can tie Paid Memberships Pro discount codes to affiliates. This way, when a visitor subscribes to a membership level using a discount code, the affiliate will automatically be rewarded a commission rate.
We went into more details about this strategy in this article.
To tie an affiliate to a discount code, please follow these steps:
- Download and install the Affiliate Coupons add-on. If you’re not sure how to do this, please follow the instructions from this article.
- Navigate to Paid Memberships Pro > Settings > Discount Codes and click to edit the discount code you want to associate with an affiliate.
- Scroll down to the Affiliate Name field. Begin typing the name of the affiliate you wish to connect the discount code to and select the affiliate from the list of user accounts displayed.
With the add-on active and the discount code updated, any time this code is redeemed and an order is completed, the connected affiliate will be rewarded a commission.