SliceWP integrates seamlessly with Paid Member Subscriptions allowing you to start an affiliate program for your membership website. You can manage both your members and affiliates directly from your WordPress dashboard.
Enabling the integration
To start generating commissions for referred payments the Paid Member Subscriptions integration needs to be activated. To do this:
- Navigate to SliceWP > Settings > Integrations (tab).
- Turn on the switch next to Paid Member Subscriptions and save the settings.
With the integration enabled, when a visitor referred by one of your affiliates subscribes to one of your subscription plans, the affiliate will be rewarded a commission.
Setting the general commission rates for subscriptions
The commission amount your affiliates are awarded for referred payments can be set to your needs. To customize this value, follow these steps:
- Navigate to SliceWP > Settings > General (tab) > Commissions Settings (section).
- Set the rate value and the rate type (discussed below) to the appropriate values:
Commission rates types can be:
- percentage based – the commission’s value will be calculated based on the price of the subscription plan’s price. For example, if your plan’s price is $45, a rate of 20% will lead to a $9 commission.
- fixed amount – the commission’s value will be the amount entered, whatever the price of the subscription plan the visitor subscribes to. For example, if you set a rate of $10 fixed amount, your plan can be $45, $75 or $100 and your affiliate will always be rewarded $10 commissions.
Disabling commission for a particular subscription plan
By default, commissions will be generated for all subscription plans. If you wish to disable commissions entirely for a particular plan, you can do this by following these steps:
- Navigate to Paid Member Subscriptions > Subscription Plans and click to edit the membership level for which you want commissions disabled.
- Scroll down to the Subscription Commission Settings section and check the Disable Commissions option.
Setting commission rates per individual subscription plan
By default, the subscription commission rate set in general settings will affect all subscription plans. This rate however can be overwritten on a per subscription plan basis. To do this, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Product Commission Rates add-on. If you’re not sure how to do this, please follow the instructions from this article.
- Navigate to Paid Member Subscriptions > Subscription Plans and click to edit the subscription plan that you wish to have custom commission rates.
- Scroll down to Subscription Commission Settings and set the rate and rate type to the needed values, similar to the way it’s done for the general settings.
Quick note: If an affiliate has custom commission rates enabled and set, those will be used to calculate the final commission value instead of the subscription plan’s custom rates.
Setting up affiliate coupon tracking
With SliceWP you can tie Paid Member Subscriptions discount codes to affiliates. This way, when a visitor subscribes to a membership level using a discount code, the affiliate will automatically be rewarded a commission rate.
We went into more details about this strategy in this article.
To tie an affiliate to a discount code, please follow these steps:
- Download and install Paid Member Subscriptions’ Discount Codes Add-on.
- Download and install the Affiliate Coupons add-on. If you’re not sure how to do this, please follow the instructions from this article.
- Navigate to Paid Member Subscriptions > Discount Codes and click to edit the discount code you want to associate with an affiliate.
- Scroll down to the Affiliate Name field. Begin typing the name of the affiliate you wish to connect the discount code to and select the affiliate from the list of user accounts displayed.
With both add-ons active and the discount code updated, any time this code is redeemed and a payment is completed, the connected affiliate will be rewarded a commission.